By default, a print job is printed in color. This can be changed on your own workstation device as follows:
the following settings must be made in this order in the print dialog:
When configured in this way, all print jobs for the UZHPrintPlus printer will be printed in black and white.
Instead of a separate preset for "black and white printing", the option "Recent settings" can also be selected.
alternative instructions, advanced only - change the default option to black and white printing:
- In the Finder under "Programs" => "Utilities" start the terminal
- Enter the following command in the terminal and confirm with Enter, then close the terminal:
- Use the following link to open the web interface:
http://localhost:631 (This page is only accessible from the computer on which the previous terminal command was entered)
- In the web interface, under "Printers", select the "UZHPrintPlus" printer
- Under "Administration" select the menu "Set Default Options
- Under "Quality" change the "Color Mode" to "Black and White", then save with "Set Default Options
- Call up the "Devices and Printers" menu via the control panel
- Right-click on "UZHPrintPlus [...]" to open the "Printer Settings" menu
- Change the "colour mode" to "black and white", then confirm with "OK"
- Open Print Preferences and open the print options for UZHPrintPlus
- Under "Color", change the "Color Mode" to "Black and White"
Alternatively, the CUPS web interface can be opened via http://localhost:631 and proceed as described in the Macintosh manual.
Before a print job is printed on the multifunction printer, the console on the printer shows with a corresponding symbol whether the print job is printed in color or in black and white.