Contact us at email@example.com
Within the scope of Science IT we help researchers of UZH in various ways:
Support & Training
- gaining access to specific computing services (e.g. ScienceCloud)
- guidance on use of the computing services (e.g. how to run a GPU job)
- helping resolve issues and problems you have using a computing service
- providing training recommendations to meet prerequisites
- consulting on the IT aspects of your research problem
- strategies on how to carry out large calculations
- optimization of scientific code
- consulting on and initiation of expert services
Further IT support
Science IT is a specialized unit at UZH with expertise in scientific computing and specialized IT services for research operated centrally for all UZH researchers. As such, Science IT
- complements the IT support provided to you by your local IT-Coordinator and
- is part of Central IT (Zentrale Informatik) IT Service Desk.
Before contacting Science IT (or Central IT, respectively), we recommend you first discuss your IT needs with your local IT-Coordinator.